Thursday, November 15, 2007

Snap Shots

So this is a lame and boring maintenance post. I just wanted to explain something that I just added to the site - “Snap Shots.” Basically, when you put your cursor over a link, a “snapshot” of where the link will take you is shown (like this). They have it on LiveJournal, which is where I got the idea. It annoyed me at first, but then I started to really like it. It’s especially cool for this blog because most of what I link to are Wikipedia articles, and Snap Shots has this thing where when you hover over a link for a Wikipedia article, it shows an interactive little Snap, including photos and links, (like this) which I think is awesome. It does other cool things, too, like play video right inside the window and show pictures, too, which I will continue to explore. However, I understand that not everyone will like this (it could be annoying to have little thingies popping up all over the place) so if you don’t want to see the Snap Shots, just hover over any link and then click the “Options” icon in the upper right corner and opt out.

This is an experiment - we’ll see how it works out.

Real post coming soon!

No comments: