Monday, September 24, 2007

Cast of characters

Yesterday was boringland – lunch and laundry and writing an essay – so today I am going to take a page out of Vaune’s book and write about the main characters of my month in Angers, which is coming to a close.

Vaune



Vaune goes to Tulane, although I did not know her until this trip. We spend a lot of time together (since she got over the fact that I talk alot, and fast, and I got over the fact that her being mean is just her sense of humor) shooting back and forth sarcastic insults and generally bonding in an us-against-the-world fashion. When we get back to Paris we plan to split a fridge and make lots of fruit salad.

Chris



Chris goes to Central Michigan University, and is my resident compatriate in all things marginalized. He is hilarious and keeps us all from going insane. He is also the best dressed of the Americans.

Katie



Katie and Chris are somewhat inseparable. Katie goes to Notre Dame, loves the word "skank," and finds my way of expressing shock and surprise very hilarious. She and Vaune share a passion for Kinder Bueno, a type of candy bar that is not as good as they think it is.



Scott (pictured with Katie)



Scott is a man I met in a bar. This may sound strange, but it isn’t. I saw him at the Falstaff and thought he might be cool so I sat down next to him, thus inspiring Vaune’s description of me in her blog : "Fast-talking, sharp-shooting Bostonian. Known to: highjack people at bars and turn them into close friends. Also: has very poor eyesight. Could these last two facts be related?" Scott goes to the University of Missouri in St. Louis, and is spending his year studying at La Catho in classes with French students.

That’s about it for the moment. Gotta go to class and turn in my paper. And once I get to Paris, there will a whole new cast of characters.

1 comment:

Wish said...

oh nonono...kinder bueno is...bueno!