Sunday, September 2, 2007

Monday

Last night Vaune and Jennifer and I ste out to find an "Irish pub" called "Le Bistrot Irlandais," after I found a website called IrishFrance.com where you can search Irish pubs by location. We did eventually come upon the pub, but as it was Sunday, it was closed. After that we wandered around until we found a little brasserie where we ate dinner. We all had the "Salade chèvre chaud," which literally means "hot goat salad." It was salad with bits of "lardon" (kind of like bacon), gruyère, and tomato, with two tiny slices of toasted baguette that had melted goat cheese on them. It was wondrous. I also had my first Desperados since I have been in Paris. It was long missed.

After that we walked up to the Vavin Metro station (we had walked about three Metro stations from where we had gotten off - burning off that goat cheese I suppose) and found our way home. Unfortunately Vaune's and my roommate Tessa was in the shower when we got home. You only get one key for your room, and she had it, so we just sat down outside our room and waited. While we were waiting, an Italian man started speaking Italian to us. So I started speaking Italian back! We had a conversation! It was very cool. He was like "You speak Italian well," which is a baldfaced lie, I speak very broken and horrible Italian. But he was nice about it. He told us he had been in Washington DC 2 months ago and that Washington DC has the most Italians. Interesting. Anyway, it was awesome and I felt really cool.

We're about to get on the train to Angers. I have no idea what my internet situation will be. We'll be taking placement tests and doing intensive French study. I'm pathetically excited about this and hope to be placed in a very high level. Off we go!

P.S. I have also changed my comment settings so anyone can comment. You may now comment even if you are not a blogspot user. Please be courteous and do not leave anonymous comments.

No comments: