Friday, October 5, 2007

Moments of stability

Much as this voyage so for has only been confusing and rocking my foundations, there are nice moments sometimes. For example...

I am lying in my bed, under my brand new bright orange poufy comforter, watching Supernatural. I just gave Vaune the grocery list for the corn chowder I am making tonight - the arrangement is that she buys the groceries and I do the cooking. I like it. Let's hope I don't screw it up. I have a great excuse to be lying around doing nothing - I am waiting for our brand new fridge to arrive. I am also waiting to hear from Chris because he is supposedly visiting today. It's a gorgeous day and I am going to go buy a large soup pot later. And cook dinner for friends. Things are not perfect, but I am in a good mood.

2 comments:

SantaFeKate said...

When Peggy was here visiting this summer, I bought some greeting cards called Storypeople Cards by Brian Andreas. And one of the messages on the cards is: "There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & to say it was good." Reading your post made me think the same thing.....

Anonymous said...

Things are not perfect anywhere, anytime, ever. So, it is a wise woman who knows how to enjoy a moment of stability under the poofy orange comforter. [*happy sigh*]