Saturday, October 6, 2007

Tour Eiffel

Well we did go to the Eiffel Tower, but we didn’t go up. The line was too long. Instead we took a lot of pictures, and were accosted by several Bosnian women with postcards written in English saying they had leukemia. After the first one we pretended to be German, but one of them walked up while we were taking a picture and just stood next to us and stared at the camera. It’s a very strange photograph.



Close-up




Chris and Vaune saluting the Eiffel Tower


Vaune and I - sans creepy woman


Handstand number one


Giving birth to the Tour Eiffel





Vaune taught me how to do a handstand, and I actually did it! The only pictures I have are of when I was coming down, because Chris is not as accustomed to taking handstand pictures as I am, but one of them is pretty awesome, as my legs are at a perfect perpendicular angle. It was pretty cool.



After that we walked over to “Rugby Town,” a big tent set up with lots of rugby stuff. Eh. But we walked out of it right onto Trocadéro, with fountains and artistics roosters and all.





Oops


We lazed about there for quite some time.







Finally we came home. I had some red spots on my arms and wasn’t feeling very well, so I took some Benadryl. Chris and I went out and got some onions and some dessert, and then I made vegetable soup w/ the onion and the leftover veggies from last night. It was great. Unfortunately, afterwards I felt very sick, and still do, which is why I am here blogging instead of out w/ Chris and Vaune doing Nuits Blanches – an all night art event all over Paris. I am sad to miss it but I feel very sick and would have been miserable and would have made them miserable by complaining.

Well, that’s all. Hopefully I will fall asleep soon.

No comments: