Thursday, October 4, 2007

Ra ra ra

Not much to say.

We had our grammar class yesterday. It's at Reid Hall, which is where Tulane has it's JYA office. It's painfully easy. Vaune and I both tested out of it, but we decided to take it anyway. Embarrassing moments:

-learning in front of the whole class that we were the only ones in the Tulane group (or anyone else, for that matter) who had tested out if it
-me being called an "étoile" (star) in front of the whole class by the eccentric teacher because I know that an affirmative imperative is one of two times when the pronoun comes after the verb. awkward.

We Métro'd to Clignancourt, where our translation course was not yet meeting. We figured it wouldn't, but we wanted to make sure we could get there in time. Unfortunately like seven other Tulane kids also want to take that section of that course. I am concerned that they will not let us all in, as space is limited.

I bought a comforter last night. It is wonderful.

We had another Swedish class today, and learned many new things.

Hur mår du? (How are you?)
Jag mår bra. (I am well.)
Jag mår inte bra. (I am not well.)
Hur stavar det? (How do you spell that?)
Vad talar du för språk? (What languages do you speak?)
Jag talar engelska, franska, och lite italienska. (I speak English, French, and a little Italian.)

We also learned to count to ten:

ett
två
tre
fyr
fem
sex
åtta
nio
tio

Things are pretty good. Things I am looking forward to:

-our fridge being delivered tomorrow
-starting to cook actual meals (beginning with corn chowder) once our fridge becomes cold
-Chris coming in to visit tomorrow!
-not having classes on Fridays or Mondays
-visiting Angers on the 26th
-Carolyn coming to visit on the 30th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At last perhaps you will fully appreciate the Swedish Chef from "The Muppet Show" as much as I do!